Colt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dug my .22 Diamondback out of the safe last week for a long overdue range session. I was using CCI Mini-Mags. Worked fine in single action, buy about two out of every six wouldn't fire in double action. I'm wondering if the CCI stuff had priming problems or maybe the gun's springs are getting old. Anyone else had this happen?

[This message has been edited by CFPython (edited 05-11-2005).]

·
Registered
535 Posts
Yes, I'm afraid. My 1957 357's been that way since I got it. Single is just dandy but double is dicey. I'm thinking it's a age thing - the gun, not me! (Well, probably the gun!)

·
Registered
38 Posts
You may have an altered mainspring in your colt. I had the same problem after, tring a Bullseye spring kit in a Diamondback. Someone may have changed the spring or it may just be weak from age.

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
15,823 Posts
.22 revolvers often seem to have reliability "issues" in double action, more so than center fire revolvers.

Some things to try, are a good scrubbing of the chambers, and a different brand of ammo.

Fouled chambers can "pad" the cases just enough to cause misfires, and some ammo fouls the chambers very quickly.

If after a cleaning and new ammo, it still has problems, it's likely either a weak or altered mainspring, or possibly a firing pin problem.

Most likely cause: An altered mainspring. These get regularly bent by people trying for a lighter DA trigger.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
And I'm wondering why anyone would want to lighten up the DA action any more, mine are just fine they way they are. To each his own.
I use a lot of CCI bulk pack and Stingers and they all go bang for me.
Could be a cleaning problem as dfaris said though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts