Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 1990, the Colt Custom Shop produced about 6 Diamondbacks, with case-hardened colored frames, I believe all had some degree of engraving. They were made from existing parts on hand, and sold for about $ 2500. each. Very hard model to find. Electroless nickel models were made in 6" also, and some 22's, mostly 38's....

Blue .22 models, 6", 4", 2x 2 1/2"

Nickel .22's, 6" and 4"

Nickel 38's, 6", 4", 2 1/2"

Blue 38's, 6", 4", 2 1/2"

Electroless Nickel 38's, 4"

Diamondback collection

Assorted Diamondback boxes from 1969 to end of production.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I've been staring at these pics since my first post........WOW!

Thanks for sharing these beautiful specimens with us.

My old man was heavy into these things back in the early 90's. Wish I took his advise back then. They were going around 350-400.00 back then.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Well I am now offically satisfied.You sir have one of if not the finest collection of Diamondbacks ever displayed on this forum.I am a Diamondback fool but I can not even allow myself to think I am close to that set.All I can say is where do you go from here?

·
Registered
170 Posts
After looking closer I do not know if this set can even be assembled now.As hard as they are to find in that condition and rarity it might be impossible.And Yes I am jealous.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Absolutely the finest collection of any one model I have ever witnessed... You must be very proud...

Bill, thanks to you I have new wallpaper on my PC...

/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

·
Registered
811 Posts
I hope he's NOT having the "big one"!

That is an 'awesome' assortment of the Diamondbacks and only the second "set" I have heard of. One is over here near me in Ohio.
My question , "was there a 2 1/2" nickel .22 cal" ???????

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
tommix you have just trumped my ace. I bow to you sir, your collection is absolutely awesome and you should be well proud.
I am impressed that you have the illusive 6" nickel .38SPL, which I don't have. Let me just look for a while and enjoy.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Thats the most stunning collection of D-Backs I've ever had the pleasure of viewing. Simply marvelous

·
Registered
400 Posts
Well now I know why they cost so much. You have ALL of them. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif Thanks for sharing a truely awesome collection.

Dave

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
That is a fine collection of Diamondbacks!! Cherry's sold all of those case hardened ones. I saw three of them at a show once on Cherry's tables. Yep. They were priced in the $2500 area and I didn't buy one. I believe they were mostly "C" engraved as I recall. Cherry's were a bit hesitant to state the engraving level back when they were for sale. There were at least two 22's in the bunch as I handled them. Oh well.....

Added: I second the special mention of the 6" Nickel 38spl speciman. Very nice!!! You also have a nice selection of 22 Diamondbacks. I am a bit jealous, but I know you take care of them. I'm just creating my 38spl DB collection now as I was never particularily interested in saving them back in the day.

·
Registered
293 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Thats the most stunning collection of D-Backs I've ever had the pleasure of viewing. Simply marvelous

[/ QUOTE ]

I enthusiastically concur! Outstanding! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
f.t.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
rmartgk54ktg]]-6
#&767657!!!!

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
And thank you very much, mister Tommix!

That's the second keyboard going to the trashbin for being completly, utterly and absolutely drooled and slimed over beyond repair by yours truely!

Is there a word for this collection other then sublime?

Or is it something else????
/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I knew it!

The time machine does exist!!!!!!!!!

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

P.S.

I hope Dick hasn't seen this one yet.
Maybe somebody should bring his attention to this post via email or something because when he sees this lot unprepared..... /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

1 - 20 of 23 Posts