1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
5,361 Posts
HOLY MOLY !!! It seemss the E-Nickel guns are bringing a premium! Is the seller the guy you sold it to ??

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
I wouldn't necessarily say they doubled in value but the winner of the auction isn't much smarter than a hatchet handle. The 4" .38 is the least desirable of the E Nickel guns and while the .22s and the 6" .38 bring this type of money, the .38 4 Incher should've been much less. When you get a guy with more money than brains, these things happen. Next thing you know, everyone who has a 4" .38 E Nickel diamondback will list theirs for $5500 and voila the market has doubled because of one. Bravo.

·
Premium Member
3,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HOLY MOLY !!! It seemss the E-Nickel guns are bringing a premium! Is the seller the guy you sold it to ??
No, the GB seller bought it from the forum member I sold it to last October.

·
Premium Member
3,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wouldn't necessarily say they doubled in value but the winner of the auction isn't much smarter than a hatchet handle. The 4" .38 is the least desirable of the E Nickel guns and while the .22s and the 6" .38 bring this type of money, the .38 4 Incher should've been much less. When you get a guy with more money than brains, these things happen. Next thing you know, everyone who has a 4" .38 E Nickel diamondback will list theirs for $5500 and voila the market has doubled because of one. Bravo.
I agree 1000% Marc. I still wish I could have sold it for that king of money. Too bad Lindsay01 wasn't around last October when I was selling it, LOL...

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
I still wish I could have sold it for that king of money. Too bad Lindsay01 wasn't around last October when I was selling it, LOL...
I was moaning to a friend about some of the primo guns I sold in the past for what would be considered as giving them away now and his response was.. it's all relative, you got your price or close to it when you sold them.
same thing applies here snakeman, you got your price when you sold it.
bottom line is we can't keep everything forever. well. most of us can't. :p

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
This Scenario plays out many times in what we do and it is unfortunate. Every one of these guys think "Oh I'm in it for the Long Haul" well if we used our brains instead of our checking accounts this rise in the Colt Market could be had for MANY years to come. Doubling in value in 11 months certainly is not condusive to a long prosperous gain on our investments. Guns are commodities and we can live without them. If we keep pushing like we are pushing, we are hurrying up to get to the end of the rope so our investments appreciate 3% a year to keep pace with inflation.

Yep, we are making money and laughing all the way to the bank on these Hot Shot buyers but ultimately they are hurting more than helping if you look at the big picture. Make a bunch of money today just to ultimately lose in the long run.

Let's hope not to many more of these Fat Cats surface otherwise the middle class working man will be on the outside looking in (If he isn't already) and 10 millionaires will buy and sell to eachother on a daily basis.

·
Premium Member
3,405 Posts
This Scenario plays out many times in what we do and it is unfortunate. Every one of these guys think "Oh I'm in it for the Long Haul" well if we used our brains instead of our checking accounts this rise in the Colt Market could be had for MANY years to come. Doubling in value in 11 months certainly is not condusive to a long prosperous gain on our investments. Guns are commodities and we can live without them. If we keep pushing like we are pushing, we are hurrying up to get to the end of the rope so our investments appreciate 3% a year to keep pace with inflation.

Yep, we are making money and laughing all the way to the bank on these Hot Shot buyers but ultimately they are hurting more than helping if you look at the big picture. Make a bunch of money today just to ultimately lose in the long run.

Let's hope not to many more of these Fat Cats surface otherwise the middle class working man will be on the outside looking in (If he isn't already) and 10 millionaires will buy and sell to eachother on a daily basis.
Very well said! This is exactly the way I feel too. However I havent made any money on this "run", because I wasnt around. Now I am seriously thinking IF I do sell the ones I have left, I may not ever be able to own anything nice NIB with COLT on the side of it! I even see guys at shows selling NEW MFG 1911's for 1250-1700 and they make them EVERYDAY LOL!:bang_wall:

·
Premium Member
6,040 Posts

It really is incredible how badly some of these auctions are getting out of hand.

·
Registered
6,641 Posts
There are always new highs on auctions of cult items. But that doesn't mean they all will sell for that much. Bidding wars and rich collectors sometimes make a sale double what the "going rate" is. But I agree with Keystonearms, with this additional thought; What goes up, must come down. Whenever I hear "the price will keep going up every few months! Better buy now! Before it's too late! Hurry, hurry, hurry, Etc.," I think of all the bubbles that have burst.

Like collectible muscle cars, that were at a peak about 10 years ago. If you bought a bunch of Corvettes or Mustangs at the top, you are now looking at losing a LOT of money. Same with stocks sometimes, or the real estate bubble, or gold or many, many others I've watched in my lifetime. When people start heavy breathing and saying things like "the price will always go up", I KNOW to stay out. If someone bought a safe full of Pythons and Diamondbacks the past couple years, he may be in a world of hurt in 10 years. Eventually the fad will change, the laws will change, the economy will change....and you might be trying to sell them for 1/3 what you paid. The greedy get burned, often.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Eventually, just like the Real Estate Market, the bubble will burst.I am glad I have all the "Had To Have Colts" when they were affordable. A Python would be nice but I can live without it especially with the crazy cash they are going for.Eventually the "Average Joe" will be priced out of the game,the "Rich Suckers" will be gone, and the dealers will have to readjust thier product prices if they want to sell the product.....JMHO......Mike

·
Premium Member
3,405 Posts
I guess I should have held onto this gun for 11 months longer:<br>
<br>
<a href="http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=363382737" target="_blank">COLT DIAMONDBACK E-NICKEL 38 CUSTOM SHOP : Revolvers at GunBroker.com</a><br>
<br>
I listed it for sale last October on this forum and GB and eventually sold it to a forum member for $2800. Looks like it went for slightly more on GB last week.
If it makes you feel any better (which I doubted), I've already saw about 3 or 4 of my NIB Snakes I sold 10-18 months double up (or very closely) recently also. Yeah if I would have held out I would be about halfway to buying a new car on those 3... Thats the way life goes sometimes. Another one I cant help but to laugh at is about the same time I sold those, I had a guy keep bugging me for my NIB 8 inch KC for his collection, I finally let him have it for the ridiculous price of 1700:p, just a couple months later (still last year) he sold it on GB for 3300 to a forum member.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts