Colt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did the factory ever issue DBs with smallish (3.5" high x 1.75" long at the bottom x 1.25" thick at the bottom) checkerd wood grips with gold medallions? The semi-circle tops (.85" diameter) have no trigger guard fillers, and extend .7" below the end of the square grip frame. These fit my DB very well, but I suspect they are for something like a Det. Special(See the"Oldy Detective Special" topic of 3/2/05).

[This message has been edited by RAMS (edited 03-03-2005).]

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
I'm not too sure what your dimensions indicate, but these are the only three stocks available on the Diamondback, except the smaller D frame stocks with the square bottoms on the 2 1/2" models which I don't have a picture of right now..
I'm sure other D frame stocks may also fit, but are not DB factory issue stocks.

------------------
Dick

The watchwords for all mankind are.....Liberty and Freedom.

[This message has been edited by diamonback68 (edited 03-04-2005).]

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Just remembered, I do have a picture (not too close up) on the top 2 1/2" DB. Do they look like these?

------------------
Dick

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
diamondback68,
I can't tell if the grips on your 2.5" have a trigger guard filler. My grips have just a plain semi-circle top on each pannel, with no filler, ala Det. Special. Also, my grips have open front and back straps. Do the grips in the picture of your two and a half incher have a filler? Thanks for the great pictures.
RAMS

[This message has been edited by RAMS (edited 03-04-2005).]

[This message has been edited by RAMS (edited 03-04-2005).]

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Rams, I think we are now in tune, they are exactly as you described. Semi-circle above the medallion, open front and back straps with no filler between the front strap and the trigger guard and they extend .7 inches below the frame as you described in first post above. These are the correct stocks for the stubbies. HTH

------------------
Dick

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you, diamondback68. That's what I needed to find out. I bought them from a guy on another forum, sight unseen, thinking they would fit my comparatively nose-heavy 6" DB. I didn't know snubbies had different factory grips. Now I have to find someone to trade with for grips that are correct for my 6". Thanks, again.
RAMS

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Rams, correct stocks (we call them stocks over here on Colt) for a 6" would be either the top one or middle ones in my first picture. Most six inchers came with the ones in the middle, which are larger and give you more hand fill for larger hands and can handle the longer upfront weight of the six inch.
That said, the six inch nickel in the second picture (the vertical one on the left) has the smaller stocks like the top one, but this gun was special ordered that way. I am sure there are others (6") around with the smaller type also. HTH

1 - 7 of 7 Posts