Colt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 70-80's vintage .22 4" Diamondback left to me by a family member. Single action works fine but when you attempt double action at times the hammer won't function only the cylinder will spin. Is this an expensive fix? Do I send it to Colt or can someone recommend a reliable gunsmith. (I'm in California) thanks

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Try a goodflushing out of the innards with a good cleaner like CLP first. Let it drain/dry . Bet it works as supposed to.
I agree. I just had a DS cylinder latch sticking, delayed hammer drop, sluggish cylinder spin, basically if a part was to perform a function it was sloooow. Soaked entire fully assembled DS overnight (minus the grips of course) in Hoppe's #9. Awoke to see a black liquid almost sludge but all moving parts functioned and performed perfectly.

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
16,428 Posts
A common problem with .22 revolvers is the rounds tend to not seat fully unless pressed into the chambers, especially if the chambers are fouled. Colt chambers seem to be tighter then other brands, so it's often worse in a Colt.
If a round is not fully seated, you get stiff or hesitant rotation.

Try scrubbing the chambers with a brush and try a better/different brand of ammo.

·
Registered
260 Posts
A common problem with .22 revolvers is the rounds tend to not seat fully unless pressed into the chambers, especially if the chambers are fouled. Colt chambers seem to be tighter then other brands, so it's often worse in a Colt.If a round is not fully seated, you get stiff or hesitant rotation.Try scrubbing the chambers with a brush and try a better/different brand of ammo.
I've seen this a lot. Especially with heavy fouling in the recessed rim area. I use a toothpick and a Q-tip to clean this area out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.