Colt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saw that a Diamondback in Electroless Nickel sold for 1551.00 on GB site.It was a mint 6" from the custom shop.Just when I thought I could collect these things I find they are made of gold.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Listen to Albert,there are plenty of blued guns out there for $500-$700. When I started collecting Diamondbacks, that's usually where you start with the standard 38spl 4" or 6" and work up from there. In collecting I find you don't always hit a homerun or find the Holy Grail, but when you least suspect it, a little old lady shows up with that "jewel" wrapped in a sock that she found left from her husband and don't know what to do with it. That's the real fun part of collecting, it is not in the end result, it is in the journey. dia.......

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I already got a perfect blue 6" 22lr.But it was no bargin.But it is just like it left the factory.Now I guess it will be a 6" Nickel.That will be ugly.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
bighornhunter, Yes it could get ugly as you said, but go for the 6" 22lr in regular bright nickel and stop looking for that "electroless" nickel, which you pointed out was "from the custom shop". Or you could just "knock youself out" as they say. Besides your going to pay at least $1500 for a bright nickel one, that is if you can find one. Good Luck dia.......

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Now look at the brighter side-----2 1/2" Blue38 $335, 4" Blue38 $375, 6" Blue38 $400, 4"Blue 22 $405, 6" Blue 22 $430, 4"Nickel 22 $450. Six guns all purchased within the last three years and not one over $450!!!! Now that's what collecting is all about IMHO. dia.......

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
14,888 Posts
Hopefully, Colt will continue to recover, and re-issue guns.
I have hopes they will bring back the late SF frame Detective Special II and the Magnum Carry.

The reason is, there were rumors that had production continued, there MIGHT have been a stainless Diamondback TWO.
I could see a .22 stainless Diamondback II in 4" and 6" barrels.

Of course, I really want a true "D" frame stainless steel Detective Special and Diamondback, but that's unlikely.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
WOW!To dfariswheel, with a Prosit and a Skoal, now there is man who can dream!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I don't own a Diamondback. Do the .22 versions shoot anywhere as nicely as they look? What are some the improvements, if any, needed to wring out the best accuracy? I love the heft and "shoot-ability" of my 6" Trooper .22 but I've imagined the Diamondbacks are far more accurate.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
What an interesting question, but I am embarassed to say....I don't know, because I have never shot one. I have lots of guns that I shoot, in 22LR it usually is my Ruger Single Six for Armadilla control and I have others for the range. The Diamondbacks caught my eye a long time ago, and they along with the 22LR version all rest securely in my safe for collection purposes only, although you do dream about shooting them. Someone else will have to post here to answer the question. Sorry

1 - 10 of 10 Posts