Colt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets see you Diamondbacks.Make me want to spend my money on those lovely nickel ones.I am working on a deal for a 2 1/2" Nickel 22lr.Is there any way other than a letter to be sure it is factory nickel.No box of course.Also is there any reference line for a price on one of them.I saw the one for 4000.That seems somewhat out of hand but maybe its just me.Opinions? And thanks for the input.

·
Registered
267 Posts

Nickled Diamondback in the center.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Peter M. Eick (edited 05-21-2005).]

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
I need to take time and rack up some new photos, you all have seen these before.

------------------
Dick

The watchwords for all mankind are.....Liberty and Freedom.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Yeah, we've seen 'em before but I enjoyed 'em just as much this time, Diamobdback 68! PME, congrats! You've got a terrfic mini-collection there and one of the most desirable, useful and interesting personal armories I can imagine! Excellent choice - and taste, Sir!

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Moonlitin: That is one nice 6"-Diamondback 22. The bluing looks even and perfect!

Bighornhunter: If you mean by complete sets being the 2.5", 4", and 6" blue and nickel versions of both the 22's and 38's, there are not many complete sets around. If you throw in the odd offerings like electroluss nickel, 22 WMR, case hardened finish custom shop guns, factory engraved guns, and possible brushed stainless guns (I would have see one to believe that one.), there are likely essentially no complete sets of Diamondbacks around that a single collector owns. With the inclusion of the 2.5" nickel 22, there can be only a few possible complete sets in existance.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice guys.Now drag out those rare ones for us to see.Does anyone have a complete set of blue or nickel DB's.If so I am very envious.Seems that 2 1/2 inch nickel 22lr DB is a deal maker.Also any 22mag chambered DB's?

·
Registered
711 Posts
Everyone: Nice pics!! DBs are awesome!

OT:

bighornhunter: To post pics, you need the services of a pic hosting site. There are free ones out there, I use:
http://tinypic.com/

Just click the "Browse..." button, select the pic from your computer (check the size before you host it using a picture previewer) and click "Open". Once the path is shown in the "Browse..." window, click the "Host It" button. After a couple of seconds (depending on your connect speed), you'll get a "picture hosted successfully" screen with the pic's urls.

In your topic reply, put the IMG url between the following html commands:

Your pic should show up in your post.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I just love those Diamonbacks. I think they are one of the most beautiful revovlers Colt ever produced. I own both a .22lr cal and a .38 spl, both with the 6" barrels. I used to own a 4" barreled .22 lr cal version but I foolishly traded that one away in the 90's. I sure wish I still had that beauty.

Tks,
Jnariv

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Damn, who woke this thread up from it's grave ?
This thread started back in 2005... wholly crap.
There was only about 10 of us around here back then.... Ha ha ha

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
The Searcher
11,101 Posts
Not only that, but due to popular request, Mitch and the Admin made a whole Photos area to post pictures in, but every photo thread didn't get caught and moved there. :cool:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts