Colt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two Prestine Diamondbacks, 1 is 22/1976, and the other is 38/191978...
Both of them shake (although minimum) when picked up - then if purposly shaken by holding the handle they both indeed rattle... I have did the obvious (tightened the grip screw, swapped grips from ont to the other) etc...
Any Clues???

·
Registered
794 Posts
The reason I asked is that on one of my DB's, the stocks were slightly loose and rattling. I determined the the locating pin in frame was not seating tightly in grip bushing. I found that by adding a bit of wadded up tissue paper to the bushing area, the looseness went away. Some of the DB stocks are even missing the bushing and this often causes greater looseness.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
vdm, I would check out what WS23 said first.

I have seen every conceivable looseness and problems with Diamondback stocks you can imagine and there should not be a problem with them.
Most of the problems I have seen were due to poor care or "gunsmithing" from previous owners, such as loose or comlpetely missing locator bushings. These can usually be fixed with some epoxy. I have also seen missing locator pins. I have even had people try to fit Python stocks onto Diamondbacks and vice versa. You never know what previously happened to the gun.
Check out the stocks first and get back to us.

------------------
Dick

There is a word sweeter than mother, home or heaven--
That word is Liberty.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As it turns out you were both right on the money... The right half of the 38 appeared to be the culprit and was remidied via the tissue... The 22 was the right half as well yet also had a loose bushing on the left... I applied the tissue trick and glued the bushing back in place... No more rattling and now solid as a rock...

My thanks to the both of you,
Rick

1 - 5 of 5 Posts