Colt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a new stock screw for my DB stocks. Original one came with buggered up head. Gun Parts has 2 listed for DB "D" frames.
One is Stock Screw, Target PN 175600 ($9.90); other is Stock Screw PN 175560 ($3.05). My stocks are original correct with silver medallions.
The target looks like a larger diameter in the picture. What is the difference and what is meant by "Target"? Which one do I need for my stocks. Not concerned about the price. Didn't call Gun Parts cause I'm not ready to order just yet. Thanks for any help. :eek:

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts
The service stocks just fit the outline of the grip frame and are aimed at carry in a concealed or "service" stuation. The target stocks are larger and supposedly thicker and aimed at a better grip for target shooting. Unless yours is a 2 1/2" DB, it would normally have target stocks. :cool:

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A1A thanks for your reply. I'm still confused. I've got both 2 1/2" DB & 4" DB. These stocks I bought fit well with either gun...I tried them. Maybe these pictures will tell you what type they are and then I can get the proper screw. Pictures are same, one w/flash, other w/out. Thanks.

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts
Indeed the frame is the same regardless of barrel length. Those are considered target stocks. :cool:

These are DB service stocks:

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you A1A for all your info/assistance/ and education for this novice. I've learned something and know what to order.
This forum is a better place because of folks like you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts