Colt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year I traded a smith and wesson 629 for a Diamondback 38cal.It was still new in the box with the papers and test target.The papers made reference to 1969. Did I do a good deal or not. If so,how good?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Diamond Hunter: I believe you said the Diamondback is new, and you traded an M629 for it. You did real good. Diamondbacks have not been made since 1984 I believe, and M629's are readily available anywhere. Last year I paid $600 for a NIB .38 Diamondback. I believe new M629's go for less that $500. As for value, the colt will continue to appreciate more than the Smith. I now have 3 Diamondbacks and really love em. Ron

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Ron: I think I`ll keep this one for a while and not shoot it. The neatest thing is the warranty card where it asks for income, the highest bracket $6,500 or over. Makes you sick don`t it?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Diamondhunter, shoot your Diamondback and enjoy it, otherwise it's just a paperweight. Sure Diamondbacks increase in value, but it's not going to make you rich. I have 2, and enjoy shooting them (.38 nickle 4" & .22 blue 6"). I bought the .22 for about $300 15 years ago and it's worth twice that now, but I won't stop shooting it........Mike

·
Registered
5 Posts
I agree with Mike. Shoot your new gun and enjoy. I shoot all of my guns and do not worry about any future supposed value. The real value is the joy of owning and shooting one of the true classic revolvers. Ron

1 - 5 of 5 Posts