Colt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Diamondback 2 1/2in .38 nickel 1968 serial number very good condition no box or paper work. I bought it five years ago from a old man in my home town his father bought it new for his mom she said it was to big so stayed in her dresser with her socks till she died in 1990, when he got it in his parents estate he put it in his safe. I started mowing his yard for him around 2008 my shop is right next door and I knew he couldn't do it him self, and we struck up a friend ship we talked guns a lot one day he was showing me his collection when he offered to sell this pistol to me and I've had it since then.
Thank you for any information you can give me. Sorry but for some reason it will only let me attach one photo

Attachments

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
It is a dandy. The only gun I would give up my DS in order to daily carry. Too bad the price on these snubbies is still too much for that kind of job.

Reactions: Texasb

·
Premium Member
3,709 Posts
I'd get a Archive Letter to get top $. Without the letter (or box) you can't prove it's a factory nickel gun.

Reactions: Texasb

·
Registered
46 Posts
The trigger looks to be blued in the picture. If it is blued, it didn't come that way. Should the rear sight be blued or nicke

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The trigger looks to be blued in the picture. If it is blued, it didn't come that way. Should the rear sight be blued or nicke
I know it has never been apart everything is original. I've talked to many people who said yes it left the factory just like it is

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
They are a "rare bird" and have "flown the coop" the few times I have seen one for sale. If as you say original, hard to believe worth less than two grand.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts