Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
More rare than the 6 incher even though the 6 incher was made in fewer numbers /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif and the bid is up to $1700.00 with the reserve still not met? People are starting to think these things are made of gold.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Yes it is a fine piece, but overpriced at this time and the reserve hasn't even been made yet.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you guys know appr. how many were made in this 4 inch 22 nickle configuration? It does seem to be overpriced. It makes you wonder what the reserve is. There is also another one listed below it on the same auction site too high as well. But still love the look and condition.

·
Registered
6,944 Posts
I know the location of a 4" .22 that was rebuilt and nickeled by Colt. It was originally a blue gun. How would the value compare?

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Hmmm...Some lucky(?) buyer is now going to own a truly magnificent collector's item that many of us will look back on ten years from now, and wish we had placed the high bid. Does that make the seller a shrewd speculator who snagged a foolish buyer, or are we just a bunch of tightwads still looking for 1960's prices?.... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif....The times they are a changin'.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Hi Ohiobuckeye,

You know I keep asking myself that same question! Each time I look back ... say ten years as in your example... I say "Heck yes ... I'd have paid that and gladly to find one at that price now!" I guess you just have to have faith that the Colt collector's market will continue to appreciate ... So far It has and that's what I tell myself when I plunk out big bucks for something that I remember I could have bought 10 - 30 years ago for next to nothing ...
My wife keeps kicking me whenever I complain that I get more cash back now on a new pickup truck than I paided for a brand new one in 1969! :) :) .... You are right times... Times keep changin'! Take care, Bob

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Since I have never been a fan of nickeled guns (I passed on a good deal for a nickeled Viper NIB when I was working a Snake collection) I won't be one of those kicking myself.
[ QUOTE ]
I know the location of a 4" .22 that was rebuilt and nickeled by Colt. It was originally a blue gun. How would the value compare?

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry buddy, since it's been refinished to a collector it's just a pretty shooter and the price drops drastically. Only all original guns stand a chance at these outrageous prices unless you find a real fool with a lot of money.

·
Registered
6,944 Posts
That's what I figured. Not mine, I just know where it is. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I wonder if at some point Diamondbacks will approach the SAA as far as retaining value. For instance, even a refinished 1st gen SAA will bring money. Perhaps the Dbacks will get there one day in the future? Who knows.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
How many of them were made is a closely held secret. Lets just say that they aren't real common in 22. Until the information is published, I doubt it will be available on forums. A little mystery is a good thing sometimes. Obtaining the information requires a lot of work potentially and Colt's approval which is not easy to obtain.

Refinished nickel DB would not be worth much to me other than to shoot. I probably wouldn't pay more than $400 for one that appears mint. I'm just not "into" nickel guns to shoot.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Do you mean, you have one? You are one lucky fella.

Makes you wonder how many 4" 22 nickel DB's were actually made.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I am now the proud owner of a NIB 4" .22 nickel Diamondback.

Just kidding. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif Wanted to see what if felt like to say that. Prices have gone out of control.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I've had and sold 4 so far, .22, 4"er's in Nickel. When I sold them for 1300-1600 apiece, a few people balked. I wish I had them all back now. I still have a couple rare D-backs. But they are staying put.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
I have one 4" Nickel DB 22 and two 6" Nickel 22's.
All are NIB or mint. I would have to check my boxes. Gosh, you know sometimes I even forget what I have. It is not like I look at them very often.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I like them all in nickel and blue. There are those only concerned with price and a good thing to keep in mind is:
You never pay too much, you just bought it too early. BBBS if you run across any more nickel .22 Diamondbacks I will step up to the plate! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

1 - 20 of 22 Posts