Colt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
I live on a ranch out of town [no city lights] & I was laying in bed trying to go to sleep & rolled over & looked thru the window shade & thought I left an outside light on, I had to get up & check but there were no lights on.

·
Banned
7,709 Posts
The "Super Moon" , largest appearing of the year:) It is magnificent. We had clouds roll in shortly after it rose so no pics from this part of Texas.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
The pictures are great. They and the location made me remember desert training south of Boise years ago. We were so far away from lights that I could not see the ground on the way down or my hands in front of my face. I always preferred to ride my equipment down (was supposed to drop it or face a Article 15) but that night I dropped it with a 12-15 foot rope so I would know when I would hit the ground.

One night laying in my sleeping bag, there was the most awesome display of shooting stars I've ever seen. Also the water in the irrigation canal had to be the coldest I've ever been in and the Snake River water was plenty cold also.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
We saw it here in central Ohio, too, Kid. Monster moon. Talked to Mom in Garden Valley today. She & Sis saw it there, too. Mom said it got a bit nippy there; down in the 30s. Also had a touch of frost. Nice pix you got there. Wish I'd taken a few myself.

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
The pictures are great. They and the location made me remember desert training south of Boise years ago. We were so far away from lights that I could not see the ground on the way down or my hands in front of my face. I always preferred to ride my equipment down (was supposed to drop it or face a Article 15) but that night I dropped it with a 12-15 foot rope so I would know when I would hit the ground.

One night laying in my sleeping bag, there was the most awesome display of shooting stars I've ever seen. Also the water in the irrigation canal had to be the coldest I've ever been in and the Snake River water was plenty cold also.
Airborne................

rayb

Reactions: Joe A.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts