Colt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did Colt ever make a double action revolver in .41 magnum caliber? I know that they have, in the past, made items that were not cataloged. If anyone could point me in the right direction for further research, it would be appreciated. Thank You.

·
The Searcher
11,101 Posts
Welcome to the forum. The one word answer is no. Then you will be told about the couple of prototype Pythons they made but never brought to market. Then you will discover the 41 Magnum Pythons being offered for sale from time to time, but they are aftermarket gunsmith specials. There are previous threads on those. If you care to search, searching on magnum python will likely find some. The search engine will not search on a short term like 41. :cool:

Here's the most recent: http://www.coltforum.com/forums/colt-revolvers/46458-41-magnum-python-pictures.html

·
Registered
909 Posts
There also was an experimental .41 Special, (which was a souped up .41 Long Colt), put in a New Service back in the '30's. There was an article in the Rampant Colt a few years back with pictures, but some questioned the guns authenticity.

·
Premium Member
6,463 Posts
Just a FYI - Colt did make a few 2nd Generation SAAs chambered in .41 Magnum. I think there were four or five made and they had 9" barrels.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank You Bushwhacker, kcub, Colt75, 22-rimfire for your response. I agree completely, a .41 mag Anaconda would be terrific. I wonder.....?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts