Colt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I traded two 6" Colt Pythons for two SW1911s. Now several of my friends are telling me that I Screwed the Poch on that deal!

I see it like this ... I owned 5 6" Pythons, 1 586, and 1 SP-101 (I owned seven 357s for crying out loud) So I traded two of them (one Nickel and one blue) for an NIB SW1911DK and an NIB SW1911PD (4.25).

Now I have the carry gun that I have always wanted, a quality 1911 Target Pistol, and I still have three 6" Pythons in Blue, Nickel, and Stainless.

For me this was not about win or lose on the money end of the deal ... it was about aquiring two hand guns that I really wanted and paying for them in the only way I could afford to.

So I Ask you ... Did I Screw the Pooch?

Thanks,
Mark

·
Registered
689 Posts
First off, welcome to the Forum...

I know exactly where you are coming from... I have made similar moves in the past... Guess what, after a week or so of "Traders Remorse" all worked out well...

A lot of the Python Fanciers will think you shot your Pooch... I have many Pythons yet think you made a good trade mainly because you obtained what you wanted (and still had Pythons left over)...

/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

·
Registered
220 Posts
Well said DHENRY, I have to agree with you!!! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

·
Registered
32 Posts
I agree with vdm.

If they were your only two Pythons, then IMHO you did indeed STP.

Since you have Pythons left over... if you are happy with the trade, that's all that counts!

·
Administrator
7,302 Posts
Welcome /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
[ QUOTE ]
... if you are happy with the trade, that's all that counts!

[/ QUOTE ]

You're happy , he's happy . Sounds like a good deal for both .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts