Colt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Here they are.
Bob

National Match Gold Cup. Standard hammer and grip safety. CMP-legal for service pistol matches.

Gold Cup Stainless Trophy. Note the grip safety and hammer.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Both guns have superb triggers. Both were tuned in the Custom Shop. All the recent Colts I've handled have excellent triggers out of the box, though.
Bob

·
Registered
484 Posts
Here they are.
Bob

National Match Gold Cup. Standard hammer and grip safety. CMP-legal for service pistol matches.

I'm normally not a Gold Cup kinda guy, but I must admit those two pistols look absolutely stunning, especially with the superb photography. Colt needs to use your services in their next product catalog.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Both guns have superb triggers. Both were tuned in the Custom Shop. All the recent Colts I've handled have excellent triggers out of the box, though.
Bob

Thanks Bob. Though I feel the need to disagree on all recent Colts having excellent triggers. I recently fondled a GCNM and a full size XSE. The XSE trigger was nothing compared to the GCNM.

Dave

Dave

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
No problem, Dave. Like everything else, there's some bad ones out there. An easy fix, though.
Bob

·
Registered
640 Posts
My GCT was purchased new in 2008, and it's blued, not stainless.
Some manufacturing changes since then?

·
Banned
7,709 Posts
Realizing this thread is a year old...but still....somehow a 2013 GCT found it's way to me for this upcoming Father's Day (gotta love a wife with good taste, at least in firearms ;) ). It's still in the plastic though it has been out to cycle the slide and experience the trigger pull. All I can say is the fit and SS finish are superb and OMG the trigger is light and pure silk. Noticed an additional spring (12-13lb) was included in the package along with literature which I've not had the time to peruse. All this because a used Government Model .380, blued, was on sale at a LGS that I wanted to get the wife and naturally she had to accompany me. I reckon I'll start a new thread once I clean both and get my standard sub par inventory pictures taken on that green cutting board background.....some things never change. What did I ever do to deserve this woman as my spouse, I'll never know. Yo rayb....sounds like another Cooper rig is in the works? ;)

·
Registered
180 Posts
My GCT was purchased new in 2008, and it's blued, not stainless.
Some manufacturing changes since then?
Back then they were available in blue and stainless. Colt stopped producing the blue version around a year or so ago. When they re-introduced as the current GCNM version. I like the new version better.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Here they are.
Bob

I love the look of the stainless Trophy. I would however, replace the MSH with a steel version and fit a true beavertail grip safety.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts