Colt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know a good sight with pictures of the disassembly of a Bankers Special---assuming it would be the same as a Detective Special, or most any revolver for that matter. Got as far as the grips, cylinder, plate and lock screws but can not get any further. Must be some kind of trick i am missing. I have never disassembled a revolver before..

Thanks JMW

·
Banned
1,129 Posts
best bet is to stop, i would not procede without jerry kunhausens book "colt revolvers a shop manual volume 1" to procede without it is flirting with disaster. it`s a simple task as is anything "if you know how". midway, brownells ect. has them and a few days wait will pay you in this instance. DO NOT PRY THE SIDEPLATE OFF, crane lock and crane lock screw must be re-installed as an assembly. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good enough for me thanks for the advice!!! Had that feeling when parts DID NOT just start falling off after the screw removals.

·
Banned
1,129 Posts
wise decision, besides the book is great reading and covers just about everything you need to know about the old style colt action.best 20 something $ you will ever spend /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

1 - 4 of 4 Posts