Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Vendor
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just got this Colt Python in for restoration. As you can see, it has been completely hand etched. As a Colt Recommended Service & Restoration Center, we'll be restoring this Python back to its original, factory condition. Keep tracking our posts and we'll show you how the restoration process is coming on this gun;complete with videos and photos.
PYTHON BEFORE.jpg

·
Registered
52 Posts
Looks like a 4 year old.....or pissed off spouse got ahold of it...lol.....ouch!

Reactions: ponyup and PICARDIE

·
Registered
176 Posts
I've seen bubba do some incredibly awful things to fine firearms over the years. Some actually took some skill and forethought, even though the results were rarely attractive. This....well, this is just....sad.

T

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
.........Well...........
Alcohol is a helluva drug.
This debacle is alcohol-related.
No question.

There was a similar( but much worse, if you can believe it) case on here a while back, maybe 4 years or so.
It also bore the telltale evidence of an alcohol-related catastrophe.

·
Premium Member
4,065 Posts
Looks like one party to the divorce proceeding was ordered to return the gun - and did.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
I let my child hold a gun in my presence; but not if he had a twenty-penny nail in the other hand.
I actually had a S&W model 10 with a police organization's information scraped on it that would make that Python "artwork" look well organized and executed.

·
Premium Member
12,780 Posts
I, too, can't wait to see the transformation unfold.

But I'd like to hear the back story on who and why, if known, desecrated the revolver. It looks to be someone who hates guns or someone who has absolutely no sense of value.

How were the stocks on the Python when you received it or were there none?

1 - 20 of 73 Posts