Colt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Dixie gun and knife show is today and Sunday in Raleigh NC at the fairgrounds. Just wondering how many members will be there today or tomorrow.

I will be there today at 10 am wearing a orange Syracuse University hat...if you see me stop and say hello.

Have a good day.

Colin

·
Registered
435 Posts
Hope you had a good time! My father and I used to make the trip up from Jacksonville when I still lived down that way.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
My son lives in Cary, and I think he was going today.

Buck

·
Premium Member
7,961 Posts
I didn't realize it was thIs weekend which wouldn't have mattered anyway... Past week was vacation at the beach week with the family. So no time and no extra money. I took my USMC Colt 1911 home too so for money reasons I don't need to be at the gun show. I am wondering how the crowds will be there this weekend. The local gun shops are seeing a big slow down now except for ammo of course.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I would have loved to have been there. Unfortunately I moved from that area a few weeks ago. I have to wait until October to go to my next gunshow.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The show was good....it was very crowded. I did happen to see a colt 1911 that was a 1913 US Navy. It was in great shape. I was drooling all over it.

·
Registered
176 Posts
A group of us work the Dixie shows promoting SASS but we don't do the August one. That goes back to the days when the building had no A/C. I had thought about going but I realized I had enough guns, reloading supplies, leather and ammo. I decided $8.00 and the gas to get there was too much. I also get tired of walking by jewelry, beef jerky, wallets and paracord wristbands to get to what I want to see.:rolleyes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts