Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Wow!! I've never seen nickel and casehardening together like that before. Part of me loves it, especially the long flutes, regulated screws and the checkering on the spur. The other part of me thinks that I need to think "outside the box". Fantastic gun!

·
Premium Member
3,035 Posts
Beautiful SAA, but as long as you asked "Well be honest." If you did anything with the hammer on a Nickel SAA, I would prefer it to be fire blue to match all the other small parts. IMO

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
------

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
The gun itself is beautiful. I love fire blue. The hammer looks kind of out of place to me though. I would go nickel.

·
Premium Member
1,454 Posts
Personally, I like it. It's very unique and interesting. Do you intend on shooting it? If so, realize that the fire blue parts will fade over time with use.

·
Premium Member
7,961 Posts
I'm just too accustomed to seeing nickel hammer. Politely, I vote change it. You have outstanding options added to the gun also, that you mentioned. Black powder frame.... Long flute.. Etc. That is a desirable gun.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
------

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
Beeeutiful shootin Iron Gunbroke!!! Who did the custom work for you?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Ray, absolutely gorgeous gun except, for me anyway, the hammer. I'm just pretty traditional, but hey, to each their own. Thanks for sharing the pics. Mine shouldn't be too far behind. Keeps me going just looking at pics of these online. Steve

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
My eye says "Somethings Wrong".

I think there is something that says Dual Tone is okay and Tri Color is for rainbows.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
I will swap you a new nickel plated standard hammer for that one.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I really like it as is. Beautiful revolver in my opinion. Looks different from the norm maybe, but hey its custom and YOURS.

Dan

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
IT LOOKS JUST FLATOUT FINE !! I routinely have the Hammers on all my COLT SAA/NF sixguns color case hardened as they looked nekkid and ugly otherwise. Got one away getting it now and one other still needing it because I forget to send it along....gittin old sucks but it beats the alternative all to heck and gone !
And so it goes..

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.