Colt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got "The Double Action Colt Revolvers, A Shop Manual, Vol. II" by Jerry Kuhnhausen and have not been able to put it down. I find it fascinating. Does anyone else have this kind of problem?

Dave

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Still sleeping like a log... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Yep, you've got it right, I just can't get hold of one!

The Kuhnhausen is still on my wish list together with the Colt Bible. (BOCFA)

·
Registered
991 Posts
I just ordered:

THE COLT DOUBLE ACTION REVOLVERS: A SHOP MANUAL, VOL. I.
Kuhnhausen, Jerry.

COLT DOUBLE ACTION REVOLVERS: A SHOP MANUAL VOLUME 2
Kuhnhausen, Jerry

THE COLT .45 AUTOMATIC: A SHOP MANUAL, VOL 1.
Kuhnhausen, Jerry.

Looking forward to this. I'm going to read these from front to back several times and earn me a couple more gold stars!

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah now I want to order the first volume too. But I'll tell ya that so far the first one has paid for itself in not having to pay a gunsmith for basic work. Once I was able to break the Trooper mkIII down to parts and clean it. The DA trigger pull was a whole different animal. The inside of the handgun was full of dried grease. I mean like a quarter to an eighth of an inch thick in many places. This stuff was dried solid like cosmoline. I actually had to soak the parts in Brownells TCE Degreaser to get most of it off the darn thing. But I'll tell you what, underneath that junk no rust, etc, was to be found. So now I'm going to gently polish the areas the Kuhnhausen says to. Then I'm going to replace the springs with Wolf springs and see what kind of animal I really have here.

Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts