Colt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Taking a shot in the dark because, well................why not!

Does anyone have the box for a 1976 Colt Peacemaker .22 with a S/N of G173929???

If so, I may have the box for your Peacemaker .22 with a S/N of G64651

I bought my Peacemaker recently from a member here. It came with a solid, period correct box but unfortunately, it doesn't match my gun. The story, as best anyone knows it, is that my gun was owned at one time by a gentleman who owned a gun store. At some point it is thought that my gun (G173939) and another Peacemaker (G64651) got switched and put back in the incorrect boxes where they remained.

With all the collectors/enthusiasts on this forum, I figured I'd take a chance and post here to see if "my box" might turn up. Hey, stranger stuff has happened, right?

Well...................maybe not.

Bob

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Taking a shot in the dark because, well................why not!

Does anyone have the box for a 1976 Colt Peacemaker .22 with a S/N of G173929???

If so, I may have the box for your Peacemaker .22 with a S/N of G64651

I bought my Peacemaker recently from a member here. It came with a solid, period correct box but unfortunately, it doesn't match my gun. The story, as best anyone knows it, is that my gun was owned at one time by a gentleman who owned a gun store. At some point it is thought that my gun (G173939) and another Peacemaker (G64651) got switched and put back in the incorrect boxes where they remained.

With all the collectors/enthusiasts on this forum, I figured I'd take a chance and post here to see if "my box" might turn up. Hey, stranger stuff has happened, right?

Well...................maybe not.

Bob
Bought a one piece walnut grip for a SAA and when i received them I saw the last 4 digits inked in the backstrap channel they matched the last four digits of my guns five digit serial and had the correct military stampings! Should have immediately gone out to buy a lottery ticket, didn't.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts