Colt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's a 3 inch Python on GB with 2 1/2 inch box and non-factory grips.
Do you believe the story ?
Or, would you need a Colt letter really believe it ?
I'd need the letter. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif
3 inch Python

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
My name is definately Thomas and I would for sure buy this if I had the money and the assurance from the seller that it will letter as a 3" from Colt because this has "rebarreled" screaming all over it!

I doubt it very much if Colt would have ever let this leave the factory with the wrong barrel lenght marked on the box.
I think it even looks like the barrel has been tempered with, but it also could be the lighting.

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts
Maybe you could make a good package deal with the 4" .45 Anaconda. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
My "smell test" tells me I'd DEMAND a letter before I'd spend anywhere near that much. This reeks of rebarrel.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I love these guys! They can't bear to just sell a rare, if it is genuine revolver, they have to put the wrong box with it to add to the insult.

These are the kind of deals we just tiptoe by, and let someone else have the pleasure.

This needed to have the two week, $200.00 Colt letter, before even being put up on auction.

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts
Robba, Somebody in your neck of the woods has been selling some fancy Colts. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

·
Registered
582 Posts
Two thousand smackers for a stock Anaconda!
Looks like I'm getting out of my league, here.
Prices like that are making Smiths look better.
Sorry.
Bill

1 - 7 of 7 Posts