Colt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've only had one "jam" with a revolver and it was my fault. Made up some cylinder length shotshells for .44 mag out of .30-40 Crag brass and when shot the crimp unfolded into the throat a thousanth or two and locked it up. Autoloaders, on the other hand, seem to jam up one way or the other at least every thousand rounds or so.....
I trust revolvers far more than autos.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have a large collection of handguns. Pretty much split down the middle auto vs. revolver. I trust the "good" ones of both.

·
Registered
8 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jbar4Ranch:
I trust revolvers far more than autos.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jbar,

Your my kind of people. Revolvers Rule!

sprey

--------

"All my 1911's are single-shot pistols."

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I trust 'em more, but I can't find a flat, concealable 18 shot revolver like a G17 though!
Of course with a Taurus .41 mag, .44 spl or .45 colt ya only need to hit 'em once.....

·
Registered
19 Posts
Of course I trust my auto's.

I trust my hi-power to keep me at the reloading bench waaaaaaaaaaaay too long,

and I trust my beretta to group better with the empty brass than on the target.....

------------------
stephen
--------
all times wasted wots not spent shootin'

·
Registered
8 Posts
JBar:
Looks like you dominate the Colt Forum. LOL
Anyway, I prefer revolvers, but in the past I have had two 1911's that were absolutly reliable. One would even feed empty cases from the magazines all day long. Wish I still had it. Maybe another one will come along.

------------------
Don't draw fire, it annoys people around you.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I used to just come here to be alone.....
But now I'm the "Colt King"!
I prefer revolvers for reliability, but I bought 3 Glocks, a 26 and 2 30's, about 3 years back and am very impressed with their reliability, I don't recall a single failure to feed with either of the 30's and only a couple with the 26.

·
Registered
3 Posts
AhhhHahahahahah! You can run but you cant hide. RAVENS RULE. the ONLY trustworthy auto.The original POS[positive operating semi-auto] Good to be here Jbar.I feel Im in good hands,

·
Registered
13 Posts
For my defense handguns I prefer revolvers. I also like Sigs, and Glocks. Now for other stuff I like my "Tweener". That would be my between bans AR-15. No "evil" bayonet lug, but the other "evil" features are present. It hasn't failed to feed and fire yet.

------------------
"Don't fear the Reaper"

·
Registered
7 Posts
If I didn't trust semi-autos, I wouldn't have this 1911A1 on my hip right now. Granted
I like revolvers and own several but since
the Marines gave me a 1911 in 1942 I have had a love affair with old slabsides and as for all these fancy after market parts, no way. I do relent and put in beavertail grip safetys as I am subject to hammer bite from my high and hard hold. Other than that, I'll take it like John M made it to start with. Somebody asked on another forum about front slide serrations. They're ugly and if John M had thought them necessary, he would have put them on in the first place.

My pistols and rifles are only tools.
I am the weapon!!!!

------------------
gunhamr

·
Registered
24 Posts
Semi-autos are like women, get a good one and they are reliable. Get a bad one and they might jam you up. Revolvers are like women, once considered "spent" they will "man"ually eject you. Now a hot "full" auto can "jam/eject" and say "no one ever shot me like this before"! I just don't trust my guns as much as when I was younger. Go figure!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts