Colt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
http://www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976679024.htm

It's amazing the crap that some of these sellers attempt to pull on unsuspecting buyers.

This "Python Silhouette" has incorrect grips, incorrect scope, incorrect rings, incorrect hard case, is missing all of the factory accessories and most of the paperwork, and has apparently been Magnaported to boot and the guy is advertising it as some rare find and has it priced at least $600 higher than the all correct real thing would be worth. Just goes to show that you had better do your homework before laying out the cash..

·
Registered
29 Posts
Calvin,

Is that rust on the hammer in picture 1?? /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Plenty of uppercase words, quotes and such in the ad.

I take it he didn't "sell you"?? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I am amazed how long some of these guns remain listed.

Don't the ads expire, some day?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure that I see any rust.

No, he didn't sell me /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif. He's quoting supposed production numbers (500 made) although I don't know if anyone outside of Colt knows how many Silhouettes they made. It looks to me like someone has found a Python Silhouette sans scope, case, etc. and has cobbled together the pistol, along with a Leupold scope, and a hard case and is trying very hard to pass it off as the real deal. The only thing correct about the whole thing is the gun itself and even it's not original as it's been Magnaported and has aftermarket grips (stocks? Are they still stocks if they're made of rubber/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif). That along with all of the caps in the ad and the sort of breathless you better buy this super rare gun now tone of the ad makes me think that he knows exactly what he is doing.

·
Registered
689 Posts
The sales on the net are getting out of hand... Check this yahoo out on GA... Where on Earth is he coming from??? And, he has more than just this one asking for the outragious!!!

http://www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976685906.htm /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

·
Registered
6 Posts
Somewhere I was taught, probably by overpaying on something, to buy a book first.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Nice buy Tom. Check out my thread on the new OM Match I just picked up. Not everyboby's going totally crazy with prices yet.

About the Silhouette; was the rifling twist really tighter on these models? I've seen a few and never heard anything like that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts