Colt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: DOB and your thoughts on a 4\" Python, please!

Better hurry as I'm hot on your heels.

·
Registered
16 Posts

....got it in hand...$500 even out the door. I'm STOKED!!

Pics to come...any advice on hosting sites?

·
Registered
16 Posts
DOB and your thoughts on a 4\" Python, please!

Just saw a 4" blue in pretty good shape, #14300. No major finish wear, timing seems good, lockup tight, miniscule cylinder shake, DA smooth as butta, gold medallions on grips that are in what I would call good condition. They're asking $550 but would probably take $500. What do you guys think? I'm in NC. Thanks in advance.

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
14,913 Posts

14300 is a 1961 model.
The numbers for that year ran from 13100, to 18799.

For an early 60's Python in that shape for that price ESPECIALLY for $500 I think you should have your head examined for NOT buying it.

I'm sure if you don't want it, there are people on this forum who will want to know where it is so THEY can buy it.

·
Registered
16 Posts

dfariswheel,

Thank you sir. I thought it sounded like a good deal, but wanted to check with the experts. On the way to get it now.

Thanks again - I've learned a ton from your posts and others as well.

·
Registered
293 Posts

That's a good buy Monty. You will derive much enjoyment from that gun. None better.
f.t.

·
Registered
16 Posts

dfariswheel....yep, I like photobucket. Like you said, easy and no BS. Thanks again. Here's the new horsie...

fat tom...thank you sir! Taking her out to the range tuesday. Can't wait!

[This message has been edited by Monty (edited 01-23-2005).]

·
Registered
16 Posts

thanks to dfariswheel, you will be forced to view more pics. Blame him.

My small stable. '61 Python, '70 Trooper MKIII, '80 Python (that nickel is hard to photograph)

and an indoor shot...

[This message has been edited by Monty (edited 01-23-2005).]

·
Registered
16 Posts

fat tom..thanks again! I'll try not get carried away. The nickel is actually my Dad's who bought it new in '80 and it's never been fired, but it lives with me. The only thing wrong with it is it has a faint dragline about the width of a human hair from me playing with it when I was a kid. The cylider's probably been rotated maybe two or three full turns. I'll never sell it, so I think it might be time for it have a few rounds put through it.

·
Registered
10 Posts

so I think it might be time for it have a few rounds put through it.[/B][/QUOTE]

Not without me, I hope...actually I have a question for you Monty. Love the pictures. I just purchased a Python myself (E series, 1975) and the Colt on the gun (as well as the gold one on the grip) appears to have something in its mouth. Your Python does not appear to have this. Was curious if maybe it does and I just can't make it out in the picture...Any thoughts??

·
Registered
16 Posts

Clementine,

We'll see. Maybe if you're extra nice.

About the logo, yes, he's got a couple of spears with him. One in his mouth and the other in his front legs. What the hell that means, I got no clue. No doubt harkens back to cowboy and injun days.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts