Colt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a blue det special in .38 at a local gun show, it is(I think) a 2nd issue ser number 6086xx, anyone tell me when it was made? It has about 90% or better blue, in perfect time, seller said he bought it from an old fella, that had it in his dresser drawer for a long time, Value? thanks

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
kennedy
Your pistol was made in 1952, which is a second issue gun, and a good guess on price would be in the $325 range. What did you end up paying for it? Although, if you are pleased with the gun, it doesn't matter what you paid for it, it only has to please you and not us.

------------------
Dick

IN GOD WE TRUST,
BUT JOIN THE NRA
JUST IN CASE!

[This message has been edited by diamonback68 (edited 01-24-2004).]

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I paid $320 for it and was happy to find it, you don`t see many in this area, do they like any peticular ammo, I bought some 148 gr lead flat nose, or should I use FMJ

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
So, you were right on the money.
148Gr LFN are ok for target, if you don't mind cleaning the lead afterward, but are not the greatest defense load and FMJ are also ok for plinking. Now for CCW, I keep mind stoked with 110Gr Federal Personal Defense. Another load I like is the 110Gr Winchester Silvertips. Try some different loads and see which shoots more to point of aim and use that as you personnal defense load and select one of the cheaper LFN and FMJ for target practice.

------------------
Dick

IN GOD WE TRUST,
BUT JOIN THE NRA
JUST IN CASE!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts