Colt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Gents,

Can someone please tell me the DOB on a Diamond Back with no. S 71496 ?

Many thanks,

Gunsmoke

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by diamonback68:

Not too old, 1981.
HTH

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks very much.

Called the only local gunshop this morning.
I asked whether or not they had a DB.
They had one. I immediately jumped in my car.
After a terrible fight with the misses that was. There was a blizzard going on and driving conditions were insane! Took me about an hour to get there. But it was worth the trip because there I handled a DB for the very first time. It looked beautiful and felt even better. This is not the one I wrote of earlier. That one had rubbergrips, this one had what looked to me as the original wooden grips with the medallion on it. On close inspection I did discover a very nasty dent next to one of the chambers on the cylinder,
which could mean that it has a timing problem. Question is: does a timingproblem occurs during SA shooting or DA shooting?
Price was still 225 Euros. I did check the triggeraction with a dummy. I can not find the best euphoric vocabulary of how that felt!

Greetings

Gunsmoke.

P.S.

Did I got bitten today.......?

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
I'm not sure I know what you mean by "a very nast dent next to one of the chambers on the cylinder", but as far as timing is concerned it would show up on DA, if it is timed properly, cylinder bolt should drop onto the the lead in channel at about one/third of the way and drop into the locking slot a split second before the hammer falls.
Price is about $300 US Dollars and that is one heck of a good price. Buy it.

------------------
Dick

The watchwords for all mankind are.....Liberty and Freedom.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Not too old, 1981.
HTH

------------------
Dick

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by diamonback68:
I'm not sure I know what you mean by "a very nast dent next to one of the chambers on the cylinder

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry, slip of the finger, it looked like the cylinder was a bit chipped just next to one of the chambers. Chambers and barrel looked fairly clean. I think I'm going to put this one on layaway till I get my permit.

Who was it who said "Patience is a dear virtue"?

Well I can tell you it s###s!

I want it!
I want it now!!

Greetings

Gunsmoke.

P.S.

Is there an antivenom for this disease besides looking at that beautiful picture you posted on this forum of your absolute astonishing 7 DB-s basking in the sun?

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
gunsmoke there is no serum or cure for this virus, the only thing you can do is put it into remission, sometimes, but not for long.

Thanks for the compiment on the DBs.

There is a phrase that goes:

"Patience is a virtue, possess it if you can, found seldom in a woman and NEVER in a man".

------------------
Dick

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
gunsmoke there is no serum or cure for this virus, the only thing you can do is put it into remission, sometimes, but not for long.

Thanks for the compiment on the DBs.

There is a phrase that goes:

"Patience is a virtue, possess it if you can, found seldom in a woman and NEVER in a man".

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm doomed....

My sane life just came to an end...

At least for the next say 5 months... (sob sob).

Gunsmoke.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts