Colt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I located a Detective Special in a pawn shop today that has really got my interest.

SN is S401XX, blue finish is 99%, almost looks unfired. No box.

They wanted $400 but said that they would take $340. I think I can get it for around $300.

Can anyone tell me the DOB & value on this.
I wasn't looking for a short bbl revolver, but this would fit nicely in the collection

Thanks

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
That DS was made in 1980 and is a Third Issue and should have the shrouded ejector rod. Nearly unfired with no box, I would go up to $375 if it were me. If you can get it for less, you should buy and good luck with your new Colt.

------------------
Dick

IN GOD WE TRUST,
BUT KEEP YOUR
SIDEARM HANDY!

·
Registered
25 Posts
bought mine new in 98.paid 309 plus tax.this was just before colt prices got silly.bought a 8 inch anaconda in .44 mag in 97.paid 525 ,with tax 552 and change,i still have both those recepts.
today what your looking at is a deal at 340 and not overpriced at 400.id buy it.its a great little snub nose.my favorite.

·
Registered
46 Posts
The Dickie is a sweet little revolver! I'm a Smith guy who has a secret Colt mistress. I got mine from a friend for $250.00. I recently saw one in a gun shop for $495! Mine shoots so good that I use it for revolver neutral club matches where it runs right alongside the 1911s.

My only complaint about my copy of the DS is that the trigger reset is a tad sluggish. The one spring design kinda makes it hard to rectify.

------------------
Peaceful Responsible Owner of GUNS
NRA Life Mbr

1 - 4 of 4 Posts