Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings fellow Colt enthusiasts.
I’m brand new to the site, having just joined five minutes ago. I have a question: Does anyone know what happened to the EXCELLENT site ‘Coltfever.com’? It was probably the best site on the inter-web for information about virtually every handgun Colt manufactured. Does anyone have information on why they disappeared?

·
Premium Member
3,159 Posts
Perhaps it’s under maintenance or they forgot to renew their domain....it will probably show back up soon.

·
Registered
708 Posts
I frequent a aircraft forum that had all their servers, located in Texas, fried during the big storms. Might be a similar issue, but don't know for sure.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I frequent a aircraft forum that had all their servers, located in Texas, fried during the big storms. Might be a similar issue, but don't know for sure.
Thank you for replying—are the “Coltfever.com” servers located in Texas, though?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi and welcome!

I found a nine month old thread with the title “Colt Fever website”. Looks like it will answer some questions. Searching on the title I gave will bring it up.

·
Registered
8,215 Posts
Flanman is the owner and member here. He is also a doctor and during this pandemic he’s been on both coasts. I talked with him shortly last week and he’s busier than one armed paper hanger. He just doesn’t have time to maintain any more. I suspect he just didn’t renew it. When we talk again, his schedule permitting, I will inquire.

·
Premium Member
4,433 Posts
Hello and welcome to the Colt Forum from West Virginia. Glad you have joined us all here.

·
Premium Member
861 Posts
Flanman is the owner and member here. He is also a doctor and during this pandemic he’s been on both coasts. I talked with him shortly last week and he’s busier than one armed paper hanger. He just doesn’t have time to maintain any more. I suspect he just didn’t renew it. When we talk again, his schedule permitting, I will inquire.
Renewing it, apart from cost, doesn't take too much effort as far as my knowledge goes. Do you know how he wouldn't have the time to maintain it? If he truly has decided to let the project go, I am sure another member here would gladly pick up where he left off and keep it going. It's a great resource for information where the wikipedia falls short.

With any luck, maybe it'll be back up soon. Let's hope.

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Let us know what he says. If it's about the cost, maybe we can pass the hat for him.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I would gladly contribute to any costs associated with that excellent resource.

On a related note, a family friend that is a physician has been run into the ground over the past year. I feel for all those in the medical profession.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thank you for that response—I had read here that one of the owners was here on this site. I’m certain that I’m not the only one who would like coltfever.com to return. I very much appreciate your willingness to speak with the owner about it. Thank you.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts