Colt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some where along the line I have heard that the Python & Officers Model Target have the same frame. Is that true? I am thinking of buying a Python and swaping the grips with my OMT.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks
TC

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
From dfariswheel ar15.com forum.
The E&I frame Colt revolvers all used the same grips, the only difference in fit is caused by the hand polishing of the frame possibly making a particular pair of grips not fit a particular frame perfectly. All Colt "E&I" frame grips are interchangeable, from the Army Special of 1908 to the last Pythons of 2003. Many grips will need some small amount of fitting, and due to the hand polishing of frames, some grips may not perfectly match the back strap.

The "E" frame is basically the Colt medium frame revolver with the firing pin mounted on the hammer.
The "I" frame is the Colt medium frame revolver with the firing pin mounted in the frame.
Colt made "E" frame revolvers up to 1969

·
Premium Member
9,737 Posts
The Army Special, Official Police, Officers Model, Camp Perry, Officers Model Target, Commando, Officers Model Special, Border Patrol, Officers Model Match, Marshal, Trooper, “357” and Python are all the same basic frame size, and stocks will interchange as long as round or square butt shapes are the same.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts