Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

Premium Member
If you plan on shooting it, which pair work better?
I'd suspect the checkered grips win... but the pearls do look "happy, bright and showy."

Registered
Let your inner pimp shine, and listen to Curtis Mayfield's 'Be Thankful For What You've Got'...

'Though you may not drive a great big Cadillac
Diamond in the back, sunroof top, diggin' the scene with a gangsta lean
Gangsta whitewalls, TV antennas in the back'...

Registered
Define 'gay'. If you mean flamboyant, flouncing, effeminate, then no. Mother of toilet seat serves no purpose, ever. Genuine MOP would rachet it up better, but 馃寛 rainbow glitter unicorn (unihorn?) horn/antler/spike would be more what you're lookin' for....... I think. General Patton would be astonished.
Do as you wish....whatever blows up your skirt, but decent wood is a sure thing every time.

Premium Member
If you plan on shooting it, which pair work better?
I'd suspect the checkered grips win... but the pearls do look "happy, bright and showy."
Effervescent! Lighter than air! Dreamy!

Reactions: oberon

Registered
So this one Brad Paisley song sums it up pretty well!...

"These days there's dudes getting facials
Manicured, waxed and botoxed
With deep spray-on tans and creamy lotiony hands
You can't grip a tackle-box

With all of these men lining up to get neutered
It's hip now to be feminized
I don't highlight my hair
I've still got a pair
Yeah honey, I'm still a guy

All my eyebrows ain't plucked
There's a gun in my truck
Oh thank God, I'm still a guy"

Get some wood dude!! And that's GRIPS for the record!!馃槀

Registered
Like Patton said, Only a pimp in New Orleans whorehouse would have pearl handled grips on his pistol 馃槀!
Said Patton, whose every handgun had ivory grips. What's the diff?
I love pearl grips and I'm not a pimp, although I have been to New Orleans. And what's wrong with being a pimp, anyway?

Registered
I swap around grips all the time..part of the fun for me...variety is the spice of life! (something like that)

Registered
I've tried stocks like that a couple of times...always ended up changing them. Part of it was the fact they were not real. The other reason was I didn't like to shoot a gun with them...they were too slick and once I started to perspire it was more difficult to maintain a grip. I always ended up swapping them for checkered stocks.

Reactions: JOG

Registered
I've never been a fan of pearls on anything (except my wife). I own 2 guns that came with faux pearls and both had the grips changed within a week of them showing up in the safe.
Like others have said...it's your gun and your money, you can do anything you want to with either.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts