Colt Forum banner
61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
I’ve always thought pearl(or ivory) grips look good. Certainly not gay. All that matters is what you prefer. Both my 1991-A1 Colts have very plain black grips. However, aside from getting one withthe blue grips, I am also considering getting another Colt with pearl grips. Pearl has always made pistols look like a gun a gentleman would own. Besides, what firearm looks gay? Okay maybe a pink colored one would.

·
Registered
163 Posts
You stirred up the Forum for sure. I think they are fine for admiring the gun; but maybe not for range day when you're hands get all sweaty.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I like a nice set of fitted real pearls on a Colt single action, not so much on a 1911. A custom pair of walnut double diamond checkered grips or giraffe bone grips would looked great on this Colt but like others have said it's what you like that's important.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I don't know if this works for pistols but a great man once said:

“Son, only a pimp in a Louisiana whore- house carries pearl-handled revolvers. These are ivory.”

― George S. Patton Jr.

·
Registered
506 Posts
It's not really my cup of tea but after all the pistol is yours and if you like it go for it!

·
Registered
Weimar era lugers
52 Posts
I know lots of guys who collect, most are stuck in the 50's - too gay - too soft - oh its Pink :D

Sometimes I like something different, so antler or ivory on a pistol is cool - I like pearl also - why not?

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
I'm late to this thread, but say use the pistol in good health.

If I came home from a gun show with that pistol though, the stocks would be off of there in favor of some nice checkered walnut.

61 - 71 of 71 Posts