Colt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DOM on my Colt Officer\'s Model Match?

Just recently picked up an Officer's Model Match in .38 special with 6inch barrel. Great shooting gun! However, I'm having trouble determining date of manufacture. Checked out the Proof House web site but my number doesn't seem to match the data base (as best I can tell). Serial number is 92100xx. No letter prefix or suffix. Any one know when it was made? Thanks

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts
Re: DOM on my Colt Officer\'s Model Match?

That's a lot of digits. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

921xxx is 1958-1959 in the Trooper series with which the 38 OMMs were numbered.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts

Assuming the first three digits are correct, 921000 would put you in the neighborhood of 1959.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Oopps, Sorry guys you're right. I threw in an extra digit. Meant to write 9210xx. 1959 is what I originally came up with as well but was under the impression from both the seller and condition that this was a 70's era gun. But, the numbers don't fit that period. Wasn't sure it properly belonged in the Trooper series of numbers but that is what it matches.
Thanks, if it is truely a 1959 production then I'm even happier with my purchase. I've got some accurate revolvers but the first trip to the range with this new addition produced one of the best groups I've shot in a long time!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts