Colt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like shooting 357's and I like shooting many types of revolvers. But some time ago, I unloaded a decent quality Python shooter, because I did not like the two-stage double action trigger pull. Do other 357 revolvers like the Colt 357 or Trooper (not Mark III), have a two-stage pull? Which Colts have the two-stage pull?

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
I really like the Python for its hand fitting and quality of finish, but for double action shooting I much prefer the action of a vintage S&W Model 27. If you haven't shot a quality N frame Smith, you're in for a treat.

Best regards,

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
15,876 Posts
By "two stage" trigger I think you refer to the stacking Colt trigger.
This is where the trigger pull gets progressively heavier as the trigger is pulled.

All the older model Colt revolvers have the stacking trigger action.
This would include the Python, Official Police, original Trooper, 357, Detective Special, Cobra, Diamondback, etc.
Only the later designs like the Mark III, Mark V, King Cobra, and Anaconda are different.

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
I have a colt 3-5-7 and I used to have a python. I have no problem with the colt DA trigger. it just takes practice. but I do like smith DA's actions more because you can stage the pull. the smith's have a two stage pull.

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
It's just what you get used to. Every platform takes a level of practice to get proficeint with. Jumping from a hi power to a colt government to a smith to a sig, none of them shoot the same. if you are not willing to spend the time to amiliarize and become proficient sticking to what you know is fine. There is nothing wrong with whichever path you choose to follow but I like variety, and challenges :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts