Colt Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
I cannot ascertain that the sideplate, hammer, trigger, crane, or barrel have suffered damage, however, if NOT damaged, those parts hold an intrinsic value of at least the selling price.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
That type of wreck is what I usually picture when somebody posts they just got a new progressive reloader. No charge and double charge rounds can make a shooting situation interesting. Not for me but for them. Of course they usually have a POS gun like a Llama or a Taurus rather than a nice Colt or S&W, but sometimes you see the good uns destroyed. I would like to harvest the parts on that one.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
If you use a powder that is bulky enough it will overflow the case and warn you of a double charge. Of course this will not work with Unique or Bullseye.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
That can be fixed with Gorilla glue and duck tape. Oh forgot you have buy some sights since it's missing.

Reactions: BigG

·
Registered
419 Posts
New to the forum looking for things to comment on figured this one would be a good one that I can relate to. One day I was at the range with one of my 6 in anacondas and was shooting gun show reloaded ammo half hr later boom, the top strap went flying through the steel light above me the cylinder blew out sideways stuck in the frame of wood separating the stalls and not a scratch on me. I have video to prove it thanks to the cameras everywhere at my local club.

·
Registered
20 Posts
My dad reloaded for umpteen years w/o problems, but went alone into his shop, no distractions, and used great care. I've been at it for considerably less and can still count to 10 w/o taking off my shoes, so it can be done, just not quickly or with distractions. I never rely on memory for loads, either. I have bought reloads if cheap enough, but pull the bullets and use the components. As many have attested, it can be fun tailoring a load to a particular rifle, or shooting 38's at not much over the cost of a 22 round if you cast your own bullets.

Respects

·
Registered
201 Posts
That type of wreck is what I usually picture when somebody posts they just got a new progressive reloader. No charge and double charge rounds can make a shooting situation interesting. Not for me but for them. Of course they usually have a POS gun like a Llama or a Taurus rather than a nice Colt or S&W, but sometimes you see the good uns destroyed. I would like to harvest the parts on that one.
+1 Only instances I am aware of double charged and no charged rounds have been with folks who use progressive loaders. Speed in reloading has never been my objective..

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Hey do you think the timing is off? 😏

Reactions: Smoke-Wagon

·
Registered
131 Posts
+1 Only instances I am aware of double charged and no charged rounds have been with folks who use progressive loaders. Speed in reloading has never been my objective..
Actually, the only time I have screwed up in over 36 years of reloading was with a single stage press (brain fart = no powder). I have loaded many times more rounds on my Dillon 550RL without incident. Granted, I'm a more mature reloader now and visually check each case.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.