Colt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone enlighten me as to the difference in the series 80 and the series 90 DE? If my memory is accurate, I think I recall posts indicating the original DE's had problems with pinching the trigger finger and also that the springs flew out during disassembly of the grip?
I have the series 90 officers model 3.5"bbl but am looking at a series 80 5"bbl. Thanks.

·
Registered
376 Posts
The double eagle was never marked "series 80" during its production run; they were all marked "series 90". All double eagles had the series 80 firing pin disconnect but the double action/decocker trigger safety arrangement was the "series 90" system (hence all double eagles were series 90's). I believe what you are referring to is the MKI vs MKII transition. The MKI arrangement had issues with trigger quality and spring-o-ejecto problems when the right stock was removed. The MKII design corrected both issues of the MKI.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks gunbroke for clearing this up. I see now that I misread the series as 80 instead of 90 on the photo of the gun. So what I am really looking at is a series 90 Mk II.
It appears that the prices on these DE's seem to be rising. Don't know if it is just prices going up in general or if there is more interest. I think it is a good shooting gun for a 3.5" bbl and that it is a good looking weapon. Take care.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts