Colt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I posted this question on another forum but I thought I would post it here also.

Anyone ever of a "Double Star" frame? Double Star (the Company) is supposed to be somewhere in Kentucky. They customise rifles and pistols. I tried Google, White pages, and Yellow Pages and can find them.

I bought a Colt .38 Super that was supposedly customised by them and the seller couldn't tell me much about them other than they were somewhere in Kentucky.

Any one have any thoughts on "Dougle Star"?

Thanks for looking, Chug

·
Registered
16 Posts
Double Star is the manufacturing part of JT Dist. They make AR-15's and 1911 frames. They are supposed to make complete 1911's in late 06 or 07. They mayhave built a .38 Super but I doubt it. Their frames are excellant I am currently building two .45's on their frames. They are located in Winchester KY.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<u>Doubt no longer my friend.</u> . They DO build .38 Supers. They may someday build a fine gun but I can't say that about mine. There are burrs on the rails sooooo bad one can hardly pull the slide back. When you hit the slide release instead of snapping back it goes about half way and hangs up.

I sent mine back for a refund. The jury is out on me getting a 100% refund.

Building on their frame is a WHOLE different story and I don't think that's entirely a bad idea. I just don't want any more of their completed 1911 products.

Good luck on your project; I should have done that rather than spending $600 on a piece of junk.

Chug
(Quick to pay ~ Slow to learn)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts