Colt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this on the S&W Forum, but since the Colt Forum's rebirth, I figure a cross-post is in order.

I've been looking for a Colt SAA for the collection. I've been looking for a good price on a 2nd Gen .44 Special or a REALLY good price on a 3rd Gen. But I just discovered that Doug Turnbull is selling his own modification of the Colt SAA. He takes a 3rd Gen 4 3/4" .45 Colt straight from Colt production, then recuts the cylinder flutes and bevels the cylinder to match the 1920's style. Then he bone color case hardens the frame and other parts and gives the blue bits a carbona blue.

What do you think? Yeah, there's a premium on these guns. But you get a hand-finished gun by a master of the finishing arts. Hmmm...

Rob

·
Registered
806 Posts
Teddydog, very nice indeed. I really like it and the caliber. I almost bought one a couple shows back at the OGCA and the price was 'really' right, not any "premium" at all. I talked myself out of it and my buddy into it! /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Thanks for sharing it with us.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry..this is the pic off his website. I've ordered one but it'll be a week or two before it gets here.

As a "premium", I meant it costs more than plain factory 3rd Gen Colt. I know the work they do adds a bunch in labor costs, but also adds in beauty and value.

Rob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts