Colt Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
the only thing i can see what those four hole are for is to KILL a large SNAKE:bang_wall::bang_wall::bang_wall:

have no idea what else:confused:

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Ouch!...That is sad. If that were mine, I would seriously consider stripping the frame and have those tig welded and blended into the original finish. No way to go but up from those scabs.

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
I have seen some very strange stuff done to guns, but it always had some sort of purpose. This one makes me scratch my head:confused:. One thing is for sure, a complete idiot owned that gun at some point:)...

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Yup just what I though. I have come up with what it is. 4 holes in an Anaconda. Does nothing but devalue the gun. All jokes aside I would repair that.

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
I was looking for the picture on my computer but cannot find it. I had a picture of a older smith 10 that had a weird laser that dropped down off the side and below the cylinder that was mounted in the same general area on the sideplate. It had an odd mount with 4 screws but I cannot tell if it is the same type or not since I cannot find the picture.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Anyone tell me what these four holes are?
Actually, there are 5 holes for concern .... why was the 5th hole drilled below the hammer (where the obvious screw is above and left of the 4 holes)? I imagine that is part of the whole process as well.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Since we are guessing; my guess is some type of belt hook.....Jim

·
Registered
173 Posts
Sell it to Vicant (or whatever his name is). He can thread those, put short screws in them, and sell it as an ultra rare 5 screw Colt snake gun. Only he and the Colt Custom Shop can sell these guns.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I am guessing that they were put there so you can more easily oil up the action so it shoots real slick :) Sorry I don't have any useful information, but I just couldn't help myself

1 - 15 of 15 Posts