Colt Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning!
Is it O.K. to dry fire an OMM .22?
I get A LOT of opinions at the local gun store, but would like to hear from the experts.
Thanks to all.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I remember seeing the post, but could not find it again.
Eases my mind about dry firing.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
What about dryfiring a .22 with snapcaps in it?

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Go to my thread on .38 Special Trooper.and about half way through the replies,dfaris mentions dry firing Colt .22s.

Bud

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts
That would be the link I posted above, but despite that, there are varying opinions based on whatever. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A1A! The post you found for me explains it to my satisfaction. I have been dry firing all afternoon /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
LOVE my Colts.
Thank you again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
132 Posts
I'll be very interested to hear how it turns out. Always has been an article of faith with me and all the shooters in my old bullseye league that 22's should never, ever be dry-fired. As you undoubtedly know, fancy European target pistols come with various dry firing devices to keep the firing pin from peening the chamber after the extensive dry-firing that serious competitive shooters usually do. Still, I will admit that I've never empirically tested the effects of much dry-firing with a rimfire, so I'll be, as I said, most interested to hear the results. In the meantime, I think I won't dry-fire my 22's except with an empty (frequently changed) in the chamber.

Best regards,
Bill

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I'm dryfiring my .22 with snapcaps and so far so good.
I'm now using my second set because the caps do wear of but it doesn't seem to affect the gun in anyway.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts