Colt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I found this old DS on GB and thought what the heck save another lost soul......I really thought the "FITZING" looked pretty good so I sent the gun to OLLE fpr stripping/ nickeling and had my friend Mike Sawmiller scratch it up.....my sources said it was shipped to a stateside Captain in the Air Force in 1944 no mention of the gunsmithing work....well while Olle had the gun I bought a set of nice correct stocks to replace the obviously modified ones that came on the gun....HMMM they don't seem to fit as they are to long and the pin placement is also different.....then I notice the serial number is only slightly higher than my OSS shipped square butt DS # 479235 to this ones # 479359.....appears this too was a square butt at one time....this little DS has sure had a lot of attention given to it over the years.....maybe this captain was a somebody or new somebody....either way it looks AWESOME....I might spring for a set of custom IVORY for this one.....here are some more pics of this neat little gun....RR

the modified frame, hammer, and front sight

the differences in the stocks...

·
Premium Member
3,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is a shame someone ruined a nice US Property Detective Special.
Different strokes for different folks.
My thoughts too so when you end up with a few cracked eggs might as well make an awesome omelette.......

This gun had been nickeled and "fitzed" when I acquired it....who ever did the custom work was an expert metal worker....RR

·
Registered
10,833 Posts
I'm Sure it's the light in the photograph, But it sure looks like the barrel Said "Defective" Special.
It does look like it says "Defective" Special! Maybe its a Spanish or Mexican copy? :p

Reactions: Radicalrod

·
Registered
186 Posts
She's a beauty and unique to boot! Enjoy!

Reactions: Radicalrod
1 - 12 of 12 Posts