Colt Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to get a hammer shroud for my Detective Special. Since I've only seen them in pictures, I can't tell if this is something that just clips on or has to be professionally installed. Is this a d-i-y project? If it is, where could I get one? If it isn't, where could I have it done? At the gun show this past weekend I saw some Bianchi rubber grips for a DS that went up and shrouded the hammer...I just didn't have $38 to pay for them.

------------------
-Gun control means using both hands-
JR

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
15,696 Posts
The shrouds need to have holes drilled and tapped by a qualified gunsmith.

The Bianchi shroud/grips were discontinued years ago, so if you find one, Buy it.

It was a good idea that worked, and required no mods to the gun.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info! I definately agree with the other poster that says you should write a book. I'd love to have it! I'm sure that Bianchi grip will now be like the 4" Blue Diamondback .38 for $349 I saw last year...something I saw one time and will never see again.

------------------
-Gun control means using both hands-
JR

·
Registered
13 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ab4ka:
Thanks for the info! I definately agree with the other poster that says you should write a book. I'd love to have it! I'm sure that Bianchi grip will now be like the 4" Blue Diamondback .38 for $349 I saw last year...something I saw one time and will never see again.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Hi, go to E-bay and enter #3629416445 Colt Hammer Shroud With screws, Original. This is what you are looking for. Hope this helps,let me know ASAP if you do not want it, If you bid let me know and I won't bid against you. Thanks Bill,Semper Fi

·
Registered
535 Posts
In '72, I ordered - through the mail, no internet then! - a set of solid rosewood grips from Mustang Grips. They cost about $40. They fit fine and looked great on a nickel S&W #36 I used at the time. Later, Bianchi made the rubber jobs which were nice, too. I like the idea of the hammer shroud but I wouldn't have one installed. If you're that wild about it you could look at one of the S&W's that has one built in, but, then again, it wouldn't be a Colt, would it?! <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ab4ka:
I would like to get a hammer shroud for my Detective Special. Since I've only seen them in pictures, I can't tell if this is something that just clips on or has to be professionally installed. Is this a d-i-y project? If it is, where could I get one? If it isn't, where could I have it done? At the gun show this past weekend I saw some Bianchi rubber grips for a DS that went up and shrouded the hammer...I just didn't have $38 to pay for them.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gcs7:

Hi, go to E-bay and enter #3629416445 Colt Hammer Shroud With screws, Original. This is what you are looking for. Hope this helps,let me know ASAP if you do not want it, If you bid let me know and I won't bid against you. Thanks Bill,Semper Fi

[/B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Bill, Thanks, but my wife won't let me bid on ebay anymore...(something about me buying stuff she didn't know about or some nonsense

·
Registered
13 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ab4ka:
Originally posted by gcs7:

Hi, go to E-bay and enter #3629416445 Colt Hammer Shroud With screws, Original. This is what you are looking for. Hope this helps,let me know ASAP if you do not want it, If you bid let me know and I won't bid against you. Thanks Bill,Semper Fi
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Bill, Thanks, but my wife won't let me bid on ebay anymore...(something about me buying stuff she didn't know about or some nonsense
[/B]
I understand, the price is already $51.00 !

·
Registered
265 Posts
rcwambold,

I had a set of Mustang grips on a Cobra & they were the best grips, on a snub, that I've ever owned. Unfortunately, they went with the gun in a trade. I wish I had another pair for my Magnum Carry,

John

·
Registered
535 Posts
Aw, damn, John! That's TWO of us!! I'd pay $100 to have them back - wouldn't you? Say, they WOULD fit on a Magnum Carry, wouldn't they?! <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JCM298A:
rcwambold,

I had a set of Mustang grips on a Cobra & they were the best grips, on a snub, that I've ever owned. Unfortunately, they went with the gun in a trade. I wish I had another pair for my Magnum Carry,

John
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
265 Posts
rcwambold,

I would love to have a set for the Magnum Carry.

ab4ka,

A local gunsmith told me that Waller's shroud is identical to the originals from Colt. I paid $20.00, about 5 years ago, to have the shroud fitted to the Magnum Carry,

John

1 - 10 of 10 Posts