Colt Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the DS-II I just picked up, wearing Eagle Secret Service rosewood stocks (modified for use with Safariland speedloaders).
The bolt's drag line around the cylinder seems excessive, but I'm not familiar with the SF-VI frame's norms.
The bolt barely nips out of the way when cycling and drops right back up into the cylinder side almost immediately.
Does this little guy need some timing work?
Also, the top edge of the trigger face is a bit sharp and happens to dig into my trigger finger causing some minor discomfort after a fair amount of working the trigger. Could I put a radius on the top corner of the face of the trigger to reduce wear and tear?
Thanks
Bill

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts
That's normal timing for the Small Frames - SF-VI, DS-II and Magnum Carry (and the J frames for that matter). The sharp trigger has been more of a characteristic of the MC, but again, Colt probably used what was available and some DS-IIs may have the same edge. There are a couple of posts about that a ways back. I'll look. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
Here's one re Magnum Carry. http://www.coltforum.com/forums/showflat...=true#Post16996

1 - 2 of 2 Posts