Colt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Anibal, Buenos Deos

They started production in 1997 and ended in 1998. I don't know how many were made, but couldn't have been many since production was only for about 1 year.
Maybe one of the bretheren here knows.

------------------
Dick

There is a word sweeter than mother, home or heaven--
That word is Liberty.

[This message has been edited by diamonback68 (edited 01-03-2005).]

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Muchas gracias amigo.
There´s one only in exhibition in the Mexican Army gun shop, but it´s not for sell.
I know the DS-II is not in production any more, now I understand why is not for sell.
I understand the only Colt revolvers in production are the Python and the Single Action Army, aren´t they?.

Anibal

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
I'm pretty sure the Python and the SAA from the custom shop are still in production and the new lower priced Single Action "Cowboy". I know a year or so ago they tried to bring back the Anaconda, but I don't know if it is still being produced.
The others are the 1911A1 semi-automatic 45ACP and the AR-15.

------------------
Dick

That word is Liberty.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
According to the latest issue of G&A, the Colt company revolver line has been cut to making only a few Pythons and Anacondas for 2005. That's all she wrote.

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Thanks Jeff, I wasn't sure about the Anaconda. What I did hear was when they brought back the Anaconda, it was actually priced higher (dealer cost) than the Python, go figure.

------------------
Dick

That word is Liberty.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts