Colt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading in Ed Lovette's "The Snubby Revolver" a reference to a DS with "factory" night sights. Was this done? Can it be done to a third generation DS short of grinding down the ramp and dove-tailing in an after market sight? If it can be done, who does it? I know, a lot of questions. Sorry. Thanks.

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. Boy, that must have been quite the feat to insert a NS into that thin ramp. I know it's probably speaking heresy, but I wouldn't mind getting the hammer on mine bobbed or dehorned. I carry it a lot as a second gun in a shoulder rig and it really pokes me in the ribs. This was re-blue gun I paid $235 for but it shoots very well and doesn't look bad (except for the blued hammer). Thanks again.

·
Registered
582 Posts
My solution to the hammer bobbing issue was to ask the older gunsmiths around here to see if they had any leftovers in their parts boxes from the days when Detective Specials and Police Positives were the common small guns. I came up with two right away and that's what my Agent wears, while the original is tucked away in the parts drawer.
The bobbing was a good modification and extends the gun's usefulness without compromising any function- it's still reasonably easy to thumb-cock.
Bill

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. That's a great idea. I don't want to turn it into a DAO. Anybody have one they'd be willing to sell?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts