Colt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me or is the DS trigger (third issue) and tad bit "thin". I finally broke the cherry on my LNIB DS today and while shooting it with a Smith J-frame it appeared that the trigger on the DS was somewhat thin. Otherwise it shot like a "DREAM"! I loved it. Almost no kick at all with standard 158gr RNL. This will definately get carried this summer. I also shot my Colt Agent (third issue) and for an aluminum framed gun it was also a dream to shoot with minimal muzzle rise and recoil.

DAM I love these Colt's....I think that I have an addiction...I may need help.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
glad to see you are using the guns for what they were built for!! Gee,according to some on the S&W Forum(on where I post frequently and own many S&Ws),your Colts must be outta time,as they are so fragile!!

Also a post about the fragility on this Forum last couple of days.

Those steel framed smaller Colts soak up recoil a helluva lot better than any J frame steel S&W I ever used,more user friendly sights and factory stocks-plus-the 6th shot!!! Bud

·
Registered
45 Posts
norfdet... yes, the Colt DS triggers are decidedly thin... probably the single weakest element (from a shooting comfort standpoint) in an otherwise magnificent revolver. The triggers would be more comfortable to shoot if they were wider... trigger pull would seem lighter as well. That said, I still think these are the greatest little revos on the planet!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts