Colt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm new to this site, it's great by the way, but one of God's older children. Just got hot and heavy into collecting WWI and WWII firearms and just came accross a Colt Army 1917 DA45. The curious thing is it has two cylinders, complete with cranes, one for 45 ACP and one for 45 LC. Both cranes and frame have colt serial #2028xx and the butt has government serial 493xx. I think the manufacture date or year is 1919 but didn't know any were shipped with both cylinders. The pistol is in really good shape, of course it naturally shows it's age and has all the other correct markings. Don't have any pictures to pass along yet, not sure if I know how to post them anyway, but will try when I go back to check her out again. Can anyone confirm the date and about what it's market worth would be. Metal is in good shape. Not parkerized. Maybe some holster rash but it real good shape.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Duked
I'd like to welcome you to the forum, sounds like a nice gun.

I can't answer as to what the worth would be.
That gun being in the shape you describe, with the serial # on the gun & both cranes, I'd sure hang on to it.
Some one who collects Colts will be along shortly to help I suspect.
Frank

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, looks like the computer kind of scrambled things but hopefully they are legible.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Might be worth lettering. Sounds like a custom job. Maybe a WWI bring-back, and the owner preferred .45 Colt, or maybe he had better availability of .45 Colt, and ordered the extra cylinder. Maybe even had the cylinder fitted by Colt as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts