Colt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Rare DWM mag that fits Luger with DWM elephant ear grips. In really good shape, wood is perfect. Some bluing loss on the metal from use. A rare find.$60 and shipping $6 priority to all 50 us states, includes $50 insurance and tracking.
payment by paypal, will provide email address to pay.
Or mail usps m o for quick shipping, or personal check or other m o with a 9 business day hold

. pix537657775.jpg

Link to all the photos.
http://s138.photobucket.com/user/mariogiberti/library/dwm luger mag

·
Registered
10,185 Posts
Just curious, but does wood bottom have an acceptance stamp? After about serial number 20000 in the commercial range the 7.65 and 9mm magazines were identical. When the 9mm round came out the front of the magazine was lowered just slightly to help feed the larger in diameter 9mm bullet. After that the magazines were identical.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Just curious, but does wood bottom have an acceptance stamp? After about serial number 20000 in the commercial range the 7.65 and 9mm magazines were identical. When the 9mm round came out the front of the magazine was lowered just slightly to help feed the larger in diameter 9mm bullet. After that the magazines were identical.
Unfortunately the picture wasn't really taken so as to give a good view of any markings, but none jump out at me that I can see. However, the lighter stripes in the wood indicate that it may be post-WWI beech wood rather than earlier walnut. The magazine bluing is curious as I don't recall seeing that until much later. It's possible that a wood bottom and later body were put together, or that someone decided to blue an earlier body.

·
Registered
10,185 Posts
Toward the end of WWI the quality of the magazines had deteriorated, and replacement magazines with a blue (blackened as it was called then) finish appeared along with beech wood bases. Erfurt was known to make some of the replacement magazines which had a single Erfurt acceptance stamp. Some of the stamps were very lightly applied, and disappeared with use.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts