Colt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a pair of Eagle Secret Service grips for my DS. I tried to use a speed loader with them and the speed loader seems to hang up on the side of the grip. does anyone else have a problem with this?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
You mean to tell me that NO-ONE has Eagle Secret Service grips on their DS?

·
Registered
535 Posts
Heck, Mister, I don't even have a DS! (But I DID stay at a Holiday Inn Express last year!?) I have had speed loaders hang up on several kinds of grips from time to time. Another reason I like the skinny, "service stocks," on my guns when I can.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was really suprised becsaue I also bought a set for my Smith J-Frame and the speed loader works fine. I guess that I will just have to resort to speed strips for the DS.

·
Registered
909 Posts
You could radius the left stock a bit for better clearance with your speedloader.

As for me, if I couldn't solve my problems with six shots I could probably chew away a little wood in the heat of the moment.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bushwacker, good point but I have always live by the philosophy; Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it. I also add to that, if it weren't for bad luck, i'd have no luck at all.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have some. Took the wood off the left panel so that I could get complete ejection. These, and other grips, will block one of two of the cases from coming completely out of the cylinder. I find that not acceptable.

Bart Noir

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Bart, you would think that Eagle would know about this and make the proper adjustments.

·
Registered
4 Posts
hello,

yes, it would make sense if eagle realized alot of people would be using speedloaders with their grips and make the proper clearances.

eagle once replied to me in an email when i was interested in their secret service grips for a smith. they wrote that if i gave them advance notice when i ordered the grips that i would be using speedloaders, they would ensure the speedloaders would clear. from their reply, it would seem speedloaders would not normally work with their grips.

ed

1 - 9 of 9 Posts